On Wednesday the 10th of February, the National Universities Commission approved the establishment of the full-time mode of seven undergraduate and twenty-one postgraduate academic programmes to be run in the main campus of Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, starting from 2020/2021 academic session.
This was contained in a letter from the office of the Executive Secretary of the union, Professor Abubakar Basheer, dated 10th February 2021, with the reference number NUC/AP/F12/VOL.1/54. It stated that a resource verification visit had been previously carried out by the panel of experts to some proposed academic programs in the school with a view to accessing the human and material resources available for their establishment.
The letter reads: “RE: RESOURCES ASSESSMENT VISIT TO PROPOSED ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
“The Vice-Chancellor would kindly recall that a resource verification was carried out by a panel of experts to some proposed academic programmes in Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto with a view to accessing the human and material resources available for their establishment.”
However, the union has, through the Executive Secretary, approved the establishment of the full-time mode of undergraduate and postgraduate [courses] of the programmes to be run in the school main campus, effective from 2020/2021 academic session.
“I am directed to inform the Vice-Chancellor that the Executive Secretary has considered and approved the establishment of the full-time mode of the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, to be run in the Main Campus of the University, effective from 2020/2021 academic session:
- M.Sc and PhD Medical Laboratory Science
- Doctor of Optometry
- B.Sc. (Ed) Computer Science
- B. (Ed) Curriculum Studies
- B.(Ed) Guidance and Counseling
- B.Sc (Ed) Library and Information Science
- B. Sc (Ed) Agricultural Science Education
- M. Sc Management Studies
- M. Phil/Ph.D Medical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- PhD Medical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- PhD Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- M.Sc Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- M.Phil Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- (BPT) Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- MSc. Public Administration
- M.Phil Public Administration”
- PhD Public Administration
- B.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics
- M.Phil/Ph.D Peace and Conflict Studies
- M.Sc Peace and Security Studies
- Master of Peace and Security Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- MSc. Pharmaceutics
- M.Phil/ Ph.D Pharmaceutics
- PhD Pharmaceutics
- M.Sc Pharmacology and Toxicology
- M.Phil/Ph.D Pharmacology and Toxicology
- PhD Pharmacology and Toxicology.
The Executive Secretary added that the approval does not cover the part-time mode of delivery of the programmes, emphasising the re-approval of the commission, if any change occurs. Lastly, the letter urged the institution to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programmes.
“I am to add that the approval does not cover the part-time mode of delivery of the Programmes. All programmes shall bear only the approved titles and nomenclatures and any change will require re-approval of the Commission.
“The University is enjoined to provide adequate human and material resources for the development and growth of the approved programmes,” it concluded.
Nigerian Student Commits Suicide
A 300-level student of the Federal University of Technology Akure, FUTA, in Ondo state, Olona Joseph Oluwapelumi, has reportedly committed…
80-Year-Old Nigerian Journalist, Dayo Duyile, Becomes The Oldest Man To Bag PhD From UNILAG
An 80-year-old Nigerian journalist, Dayo Duyile, has become the oldest man to bag a PhD from the University of Lagos….
Leave a Reply